CAFE holds two public auctions every year, typically in mid-January and in mid-July. Auctions were paused due to COVID and are returning as of July 2022.
Current auction location: Vineyard Church, 1500 N Lincoln Ave, Urbana, IL 61801.
2022 Auction Dates
July 16, 2022
Sellers should prepare ahead of time. Three things need to be done.
- Label each item to be sold. (Use our online label maker)
- Fill out and bring a seller's sheet with you for check-in at the auction.
We've made this an easy process for you. Fill out the online form. When you are finished entering your information, submit the form and a pdf document will be created for you to print or save to your computer. The pdf document will contain the label pages and the seller sheets. It will even include additional blank seller's sheets (up to 75 items total). The labels are designed to print on any standard sheet containing 10 4" x 2" labels and, when cut, should fit underneath packing tape. Please note, the information you enter will only be used to create the pdf document. It will not be saved elsewhere. Have fun!
CAFE Auction Rules
- Registration will open at 8:00 a.m.
- No check-ins after 10:15 a.m. Auction will start promptly at 10:30 a.m.
- Refreshments & lunch will be available for purchase during the auction.
- The auction will use the FAAS "ten table" method.
- Only two STYRO's per seller allowed in auction.
- Sellers will be paid within 2 weeks of the auction. No seller will be paid at the auction.
- All items offered for sale must be in working order! Items may be rejected by the chair if determined to be unsuitable.
- Items placed in this auction cannot be removed without consent of the Auction Chairman.
- NO PRIVATE SALES. Check with the Auction Chairman for any questions regarding this rule.
- Sellers are limited to the following:
- No more than 75 items/bags per registered seller.
- No more than five (5) bags per species/color morph or other items (eg. tanks, food, equipment, etc.). The Auction Chairman has the final determination as to what constitutes a species or color morph or other category.
- * ALL FISH MUST BE in Proper fish bags -- NO baggies or ziplocks. Fish that have to be rebagged will be charged $1 per bag. Double bagging is recommended.
- Terms used:
- Pair: male & female of the same species. Need not to have spawned together.
- Mated pair: fish have spawned together and proven fertile.
- Trio: 1 male and 2 females of the same species
- Reverse Trio: 2 males and 1 female of the same species.
- Labels must be used! No magic markers! Labels must include the following:
- Seller number and bag number
- Actual number of fish in the bag
- Sex, if known, of the fish
- Species name (common name is acceptable. Scientific name preferred if known).
No Abbreviations Please.
- Old or out-of-date items (ie. Medications, treatments, etc..) WILL NOT BE ALLOWED!
- Lots containing Food MUST specify what food is in the container and list it on the label.
- Sellers must pay for all purchases upon check out at the auction. No purchases will be deducted from sales.
- We recommend that you bring something to transport your purchases in.
- NO MINIMUM BIDS.
- Items not sold become a donation to the club.
- Split will be 70% to seller.
Remember there is NO SMOKING allowed in the entire building nor are any pets allowed.